Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Welcome to my new blog

I have never had a diary in my life and don't intend to do so now but I would like to let my art viewers know who I am and the direction I want to take my art.  It may take a while for this to grow to something worth looking at but I'll get it there.
I am retired from 30 yrs. of Federal work. I had put my art life on hold until my kids were on their own.  Since I was a kid I had a pencil in my hand.  My friends would ask me to draw a horse head for them or army tank etc.  Later in high school I started painting on cars for buddy's, adding cartoon characters on the windwings on cars (some of you won't know what those are). Seems like all my life I have been interested in expressing myself in an art form.  Now I am doing it and wished I would have started earlier.

I have tried many mediums but work in watercolors and oils.  You will see my "style" differ in some work but so does a persons handwriting. I have been very successful in selling these last few years and use only the best materials available. I am fond of Plein Air painting but also delving into still life also.
Enjoy
Cheers
Norm

No comments:

Post a Comment