Saturday, March 18, 2017

Wow.  It's been quit a long time since my last entry.  So I'll try to get up to date.  have had some success with Gauche and will try some more this summer.  In the mean time i have had some fun doing oils... water miscible oils aka. WMO's.  I LOVE them.  I was an easy transition for me because of my experience with oils and watercolors.  This I believe is the best of both worlds.  My main concern was finding the  "best" surface or panel Vs. canvas.  I'm not there yet.  Leaning toward hard panels so far.
I will start with some of my earlier works in small plein air sizes.  Have a good start on stock now so I will try some sales this summer.

This was a fun place to paint.  Pennington Farms  A group from my PASSO group painted there and using WMO's I was able to work small, fast and carry less materials.  This is a site that sells great berries/jams all grown in this field.  There are lots of fun signage but I chose to leave them out for simplicity.  Just off of HWY 234 out of Jackson and almost to Grants Pass. Thanks for looking.

6" x 8"
Oil on canvas mounted on hard panel.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment